I am listing some of the Firefox addons that I have found to be very useful for web development.
- Firebug – Allows you to inspect the browser DOM, edit CSS on the fly and to find more information about what style is being applied to a particular table and to identify nested tables simply hover over them to find out all the details! Awesome!!!
- Screengrab – With this you can highlight a portion of the webpage and save it to clipboard or a file, simply cool!! I use it a lot!!! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146
- MeasureIt - This tool will allow you to measure the width and height in pixels of anything/any area in your webpage https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/539
- ColorZilla - You can select the color from an area and it will give you hex codes and RGB colors … highly useful!!!
- WebDeveloper - Awesome tool you can do most of the stuff that you do with firebug with this.
I also like fireftp for ftp work and Pencil for developing mockups; but the idea that you can do most of the work from inside your browser without having to manage too many applications is really cool!